- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What is your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
ESICM collects the following data
- Personal identification information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Other Personal information for statistical analysis
- Birth Year
- Country where users work
- City where users work
- Hospital where users work
- Position (Doctor, Nurse, other)
- Department in Hospital that users work
- Years of professional experience
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide to the ESICM with most of the data we collect (email and name). We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online
- Login via social network account
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey
- Register for participation in training events
- Provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
How will we use your data?
ESICM collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account.
- Enrol you in online training courses and events.
- Process your orders.
- Email you with news and announcements.
ESICM Society will not share your data with anyone else.
How do we store your data?
ESICM securely stores your data at European ground computer centers. ESICM will keep your Personal Identification Information for as long you have an account with us.
ESICM would like to send you information about news and announcements that we think you might be interested. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop ESICM from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
ESICM would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access: You have the right to request ESICM copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request that ESICM correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request ESICM to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure: You have the right to request that ESICM erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that ESICM restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to ESICM's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request that ESICM transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology for further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our website.
- Enrolling you into YOUR courses.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality: ESICM uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Navigation: ESICM uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, most of our website features may not function as a result including Sign In.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that ESICM has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.